Rehearsal Change, Malvolio, Concessions, and the kitchen sink.

Attention all Shakespeareans!

Coming at you is the weekly update. Are you ready? Good.

Rehearsals next week: Tuesday and Thursday, April 5th and 7th, due to state testing, we will be having rehearsal from 1:30-4, instead of just 1-4. We may run a tad late. Mark it.

Save the Date! Notice on the original calendar I do not have a rehearsal scheduled for Monday the 11th. I did this because we’ll be rehearsing every other day that week, and a days’ break is always welcomed. However, I am reserving the right to schedule a rehearsal for that afternoon, depending on how well I deem we are doing. It’s unlikely, but a possibility. So give me your best! I’ll be sure to let you know if I decide to schedule one by the weekend before.

Cast Bios: I now have ALMOST everyone’s’ bio. I’m still missing Killian’s, and Titus’. (I misplaced Titus’ because he gave it to me weeks ago. My bad.)

Malvolio: most of the students have been extremely concerned as to the whereabouts of the person playing Malvolio, especially after Ted Johnson informed me he wouldn’t be able to do it. After much prodding, interrogating, and asking around, I could not find someone capable of pulling off such a last minute endeavor. So I am here to inform you that I will be playing the role of Malvolio in addition to directing. All the better to keep my eyes on you. ;)

Concessions: This is way in advance, but I believe in fair warning. I’m asking each family to bring one or two batches of some kind of snack to sell as concessions during the performance. They will need to be packaged in such a way as to be sold for about $1.00, (two brownies, for a dollar, two cookies, etc.) I’ll get a signup sheet together within the next while, but for now let it lurk in the back of your minds….

Rehearsals: Just a reminder, from here on out ALL characters are needed at rehearsals!

Memorizing: Everyone should be memorized completely as of Friday. We’ll be going off-book. So be ready. Treats for those who are best memorized.

Thanks everyone, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment