Reminders and PARENT'S MEETING!

Hey class!

I’ll keep this note short and sweet.

Fun week last week, hopefully you’re all now a bit more familiar with how to beat each other up. ;) I know class was a bit slower than usual with us having to take everything step by step. Some people work and learn faster than others; but you all crammed over two sessions worth of stage combat into one! So be proud!

A few important announcements: This week our focus is on the voice. Then next week we’ll be doing a complete read-through of the edited Twelfth Night script together! This way you can all get a feel for just how the script all flows together, as well as your own and other’s different styles. We’ll have popcorn, and maybe other snacks, but I expect everyone to be there!

Mandatory Parent’s Meeting: at 3:15-4:15 on Friday, February 18, (Directly after class next week.) I’ll be holding a mandatory parent’s meeting. At least one parent for each child is required to come. In this meeting I’ll detail exactly what my plans are for the production this spring, the responsibilities of the students and parents, what will be easy, what will be hard; and what the experience will look like when we’re completely finished. I’ll also be able to answer any questions or concerns of the parents.

P.S. I mentioned last week that for auditions each student needs to memorize a 1-3 minute monologue, poem, or other audition piece.  Make sure you’re thinking about what piece you want to use, and start working on it! Whether it be a Shel Silverstein poem, or a Shakespeare setpiece. It doesn’t matter. Just make sure it’s something you enjoy! If you need help finding a piece just shoot me an email. I recommend you have a good idea for what you want to do by this weekend.

P.S.S. If you thought stage combat was fun; just imagine what you could do with it if you kept practicing! (With the right instructor of course.) Check out the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment