Shakespeare Conquest Update!

Shakespeare Conquest Update!

Well I’m back from a month of in-depth study at the Utah Shakespeare Festival, one of the largest Shakespeare Festivals in the country! Taking a variety of classes ranging from teaching techniques for the classroom, technical theatre for directors, and even an advanced actor’s training course! I got to see every single performance at the festival from viewpoints all over the theatre, including backstage! And as if that wasn’t enough, I also got to be privately coached by stage managers, technical directors, teachers, and even actors at the festival! It’s almost impossible to believe, right? But I’ve got proof! Check out me with my group and a couple of my acting coaches below:

Pictured Left: Christian Barillas, (Romeo - RJ, Catsby - RIII) Stephen H, Kole R, Me, Rhett Guter, (Tommy Djillas/Choreographer - Music Man, Francis Flute - AMND).
Now with that incredible experience under my belt, I’m ready to get back in the game!

Summer of Shakespeare:
First off, the Summer of Shakespeare pictures are “officially” up! If you’re a fan of us on facebook you’ve probably already seen them, but just in case you haven’t, you can check them out here. Or on our facebook page!

IDEA Starting Strong Outdoor Family Retreat:
Are you an IDEA family? Well if you are, you’re in luck! I’ll be teaching a few workshops and breakout sessions at IDEA’s Region A PAC “Starting Strong Retreat.” Start your school year off strong! Some of the workshops I’ll be teaching include:
·         Improviganza!
·         Stage Combat.
·         Double Double, Toil and Trouble.
·         Sonnets and the Language of Love.
·         The Power of the Spoken Word.

(For more info on the workshops click here).

If you’re interested in any of these workshops but aren’t an IDEA student, let me know! We might be bringing these workshops back for further classes.

Classes:
Unfortunately I won’t be offering any full time classes this fall semester due to an extremely burdensome schedule. BUT I may be offering classes starting in January! Click here for more info on my Public Speaking and Discovering Shakespeare classes! Also, don’t forget to like us on facebook for info on upcoming events and workshops!

Signing off for now,

Andrew Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment